from Mink
I did take a look at the www.nationaltheatreertaeht.org.uk page and have pieced together the text. Due to its seasidey feel I'd guess it is from the seagull but in a previous posting Jana mentions she recognises the text from 'The Exiles' (the sweary bits I'd suppose, or perhaps the lonely). So perhaps it is a collage of all the plays on at the NT of the moment.
I noticed that my office toolbar tab for this page reads National Theatre : umbrage
This is notable for two reasons - one that the word appears on the usual national theatre website and also that in my dictionary the word means - to take offence or become annoyed. ORIGIN first meaning 'shade, shadowy outline', later 'ground for suspicion': from the Latin word umbra 'shade' (we looked up this word to use word in Faust as it also has supernatural connotations to do with eclipses and is the darkest part of a shadow)
Could this imply that the theatreertaeht is a malevolent shadow? frustrated at being in our world's shade for so long? is 2nd Sept the date of the uprising?
I noticed that my office toolbar tab for this page reads National Theatre : umbrage
This is notable for two reasons - one that the word appears on the usual national theatre website and also that in my dictionary the word means - to take offence or become annoyed. ORIGIN first meaning 'shade, shadowy outline', later 'ground for suspicion': from the Latin word umbra 'shade' (we looked up this word to use word in Faust as it also has supernatural connotations to do with eclipses and is the darkest part of a shadow)
Could this imply that the theatreertaeht is a malevolent shadow? frustrated at being in our world's shade for so long? is 2nd Sept the date of the uprising?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home