Thursday, August 10, 2006

thoughts on the NTT

I think that there are a few near-certainties in this mystery: I think the NTT is an alternative NT and they are both overlapping and inter-related in parts. I think that there is also sadness inherent in this strangeness: someone striving perhaps to change what has been or to return to the real world? So far the jumbled words have afforded me a few insights: “...the back of the house to see if our theatre was still there...”, “I’m lonely...missed you, friend...” “...there is no one I can talk to like this...” I do get the impression that the 2nd September will involve some kind of exploration into the hidden parts of the theatre where no one usually goes.

NTT = enn tee tee = entity?

All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances; If our normal everyday existence is on or within the realm of the 'stage', then the shadows must be outside the stage, beyond it, hidden from the spotlight - the wings perhaps or backstage...concealed from view...temporarily or permanently. Looking to the shadows seems to be like looking to the unknown, towards a mystery. The shadows seem synonymous with the 'exits' of the players and this seems the case with young Jenny. Like a shadow, she has departed and where she has gone, nobody seems to know. Shadows are not tangible, they are fleeting - existing at certain times, in certain places. The rhythm of the shadows and their various patterns of existence within the NT may point us toward what we are looking to find.


I'm sure you've noticed the reversed theatre at the end of the url - NTT? - perhaps suggesting a reversal of the normal notion of theatre with the audience being the players on stage, whether wittingly or unwittingly. All the world does indeed appear to be a stage, dear Rabbit.


And speaking of dates what is the 2 Sept all about?
I think it will be when that other theater opens up for all of us to explore, maybe going over the stage and into the shadows... can't wait.


My tube book of the moment is an introductory guide to Quantum Physics, a kid's book really, but it explains that every reality has another one wrapped up inside it that is a bit different to this one. It says that parallel worlds are real and not just in stories. From the CCTV footage I would suggest that Jenny has walked into another NT, in another reality that is just under the surface of our own. Wherever Jenny is it will be a place very similar but distinctly different to where she left. In a way it would be a bit like the music she heard being played; she recognised it as 'The Entertainer' but with some of the notes unfamiliar and jarring. …. Perhaps the middle T is the 'added' initial, not the end one as I'd assumed. Perhaps this middle T signifies and extra Theatre, secreted within the heart of the National Theatre we know about! National((theatre))Theatre
If Jenny is inside the secret hidden theatre then how do we follow her? Does she want us to follow her? Does she even know we are searching for her? If she does, can she contact us like she was contacted - whispering throught the walls...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home