from Kate B
'ding dong bell, Jenny's in the well' - I'm not sure what it means. A lightwell, maybe? She disappeared into the shadows, but in the mirror world which she appears to have gone to, maybe shadows are seen as light.
The fact that Jenny's inserts all appeared around the offical paragraph about the NT makes me think that we need to take note of that paragraph. I wonder if the 2 Sept is actually the anniversary date of music in the foyer - we know that this is the NT's 30th year (and mine too!) - but I haven't found a specific date of the start of foyer music, further than 1976.
Jenny said on the Wiki page: 'the book will open and we come to play' - this seems to me to be linked to the ticket fragment 'out to play'. Which book is she talking about though? The 'book in the nook', perhaps?
On the umbrage page, one of the paras reads thusly: 'Yesterday evening I went to the back of the house to see if our theatre was still there. And there it was. Let me tell you something. It's lonely. It's fucking lonely. People aren't happy.' This seems to me to link again to mirror images and looking outside the usual places. 'back of house' = backstage? Or maybe completely outside the theatre?
The fact that Jenny's inserts all appeared around the offical paragraph about the NT makes me think that we need to take note of that paragraph. I wonder if the 2 Sept is actually the anniversary date of music in the foyer - we know that this is the NT's 30th year (and mine too!) - but I haven't found a specific date of the start of foyer music, further than 1976.
Jenny said on the Wiki page: 'the book will open and we come to play' - this seems to me to be linked to the ticket fragment 'out to play'. Which book is she talking about though? The 'book in the nook', perhaps?
On the umbrage page, one of the paras reads thusly: 'Yesterday evening I went to the back of the house to see if our theatre was still there. And there it was. Let me tell you something. It's lonely. It's fucking lonely. People aren't happy.' This seems to me to link again to mirror images and looking outside the usual places. 'back of house' = backstage? Or maybe completely outside the theatre?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home